Join Oak School, and children and adults from around the world, to celebrate the benefits of walking and bicycling.
Oak School will celebrate Walk to School Day on:
Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 8:30 am by the flag pole!
Walk to school day is an annual event that promotes walking and bicycling for:
* Physical activity
* Teaching safe pedestrian and bicycling skills to children
* Awareness of our walkable and bikeable community
* Concern for the environment
* Reducing traffic congestion, pollution and speed near schools
Oak School will be sending Hootie off to Ireland this year! (Shhhhhh!!! It’s a secret and your kids don’t know yet!)
REMEMBER to walk or bike safely:
• Always look left-right-left before crossing the street
• Always use sidewalks
• Cross where crossing guards are present, when possible